Consumer Privacy Notice
| Online Privacy Notice
WHAT INFORMATION DOES CITY NATIONAL BANK COLLECT?
Depending on how you interact online with us, we may collect various types of information about you. For example, we may collect:
• Contact or identity data, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, date of birth, government-issued identifier (e.g., Social Security number, tax ID number, driver’s license, or other government ID), citizenship, business contact and professional information, username and password and other information that directly identifies you.
• Account data, such as account number, masked credit/debit card number, account history, account balances, loan details, vehicle or property information, information about beneficiaries and joint account holders, business-related information (e.g., business name, address, revenue, and industry type, and other information related to your City National Bank accounts, applications or prequalification inquiries.
• Transaction data, such as credit/debit card purchases, payment or transaction history, transaction details when you transfer money to or from your City National Bank accounts, third-party billing information or statements and payment card details.
• Demographic data, such as gender, marital status, age, income, occupation, veteran or military status and employment status.
When you use or interact with our Online Services, including, for example, when you browse our website or use our mobile apps, we may also collect:
• Device data, such as your device type, web browser type and version, operating system type and version, display/screen settings, language preferences, device contacts (e.g., to facilitate bill payments), photos (e.g., to deposit checks), internet protocol address, mobile network information, general location (e.g., city, state, or country), precise location (e.g., latitude/longitude to find a nearby City National Bank branch or ATM), cookie IDs, device IDs, mobile advertising IDs (e.g., Apple’s IDFA or Google’s Advertising ID) and likely connections among different browsers and devices that you use (collectively, “Device Data”).
• Online/mobile activity data, such as login data, search history, information about how you use and interact with our Online Services or advertising (including content viewed, links clicked, and features used), when and how often you use our Online Services, the webpage from which you clicked a link to come to our Online Services (e.g., the referrer URL) and crash reports (collectively, “Online/Mobile Activity Data”).
• Marketing data, such as your marketing preferences, information about products or services we think you might like and inferences based on your interactions with us or our partners (e.g., Online/Mobile Activity Data used for targeted advertising).
• Communications data, such as your communication preferences and details or the content of your communications with us (e.g., chat messages).
• Survey and research data, such as your responses to questionnaires, surveys, requests for feedback and research activities.
If you inquire about or apply for a job at City National Bank using our Online Services, we may also collect:
• Employment application data, such as professional, employment-related, and education history collected through the Online Services about job applicants, employees, associates, contractors or other members of the City National Bank workforce.
HOW DOES CITY NATIONAL BANK USE THIS INFORMATION?
We use the information for various purposes depending on how you interact with us. For example, we may use information about you for the purposes described below:
• Providing our products and services, such as enabling you to apply for and obtain City National Bank products or services, evaluating your application or eligibility for a City National Bank product or service, servicing and managing your accounts, providing customer service or support, communicating with you and providing online tools and features.
• Processing transactions and payments, such as transferring funds between accounts, processing payments or transactions, fulfilling orders, and conducting settlement, billing, processing, clearing or reconciliation activities.
• Verifying your identity, such as conducting identity verification when you apply for our products or services, authenticating your login credentials, verifying your location to allow access to your accounts and storing security questions for subsequent verification online or over the phone.
• Detecting and preventing fraud, such as determining fraud risk and identifying fraudulent transactions.
• Protecting against security risks, such as monitoring network activity logs, detecting security incidents, conducting data security investigations and otherwise protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity.
• Advertising and marketing, such as sending you offers for special products and services via mail, email, or text message, displaying online advertising, targeting our offers or promotions, conducting market research and evaluating or improving the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
• Conducting analytics and research, such as examining which parts of our website you visit or which aspects of our mobile apps you find most useful, evaluating user interface and experiences, testing features or functionality, performing debugging and error repair and analyzing the use of our Online Services.
• Improving our products and services, such as personalizing and optimizing your website and mobile experiences, recognizing you across different browsers and devices you use, improving existing products and services and developing new products and services.
• Carrying out legal and business purposes, such as complying with applicable laws, responding to civil, criminal, or regulatory lawsuits, subpoenas, or investigations, exercising our rights or defending against legal claims (including for collections and recoveries on past-due accounts), resolving complaints and disputes, performing compliance activities, analyzing credit risk, conducting credit reporting activities, regulatory reporting, performing institutional risk control, conducting human resources activities and otherwise operating, managing and maintaining our business.